What's the Plan?
Promote Tobacco-Free Living:
- Support community efforts to adopt strong county-level clean indoor air regulations providing clean smoke-free air in public places.
- Encourage smoke-free and tobacco-free homes, especially foster homes.
Promote Healthy Eating and Active Living:
Promote High Quality Clinical and Preventive Health Services in communities:
- Increase community-based programs promoting healthy living and the prevention of chronic diseases such as diabetes, heart disease and stroke.
- Educate the public on the importance of maintaining a healthy lifestyle through tobacco-free living, healthy eating, physical activity, and by monitoring and management chronic disease risk factors such as high blood pressure and cholesterol.
- Establish coordinated referral networks between local health care providers and community-based lifestyle change programs linking people with resources to improve their health.
- Train Community Health Resource Persons to be local community health advocates serving as a link to health promotion and health care resources.